Saturday, November 29, 2008

First

I can't believe it's been six months since my last blog update. Oh, not you, Blogger. We've only just started. I've moved here from xanga. I liked xanga, but I feel it's time for a bit of a change. Maybe this will keep me posting.

At the end of August, I moved from Myrtle Beach and came back home to Greenville. Beach life didn't suit me, I suppose. Actually, it was the tourists. I have a low threshold for stupidity as it is, being around people on vacation who are unapologetically moronic just makes my head hurt. Ashton escaped from the coast with me and we moved in together again. Our apartment is small, but we like it. The landlady is a bitch, but we don't see her often. Small favors.

Ashton is working at the mall nowadays and I have yet to find work. I've been looking, don't worry. The car is finally fixed now, so later this week I'll be trying to get back into pizza delivery. Great fallback, eh? Ashton doesn't mind. I clean the house for her when she gets home and make dinner for the both of us. I do most of the shopping during the day with the single moms and old people. All I need is a child to cart around and I'll be all set.
*knocks on wood*


Oh, the election! Excellent end, eh? I'm only sorry I wasn't blogging throughout the election season. Such great fodder! I can only wonder how many jokes I missed out on Palin's expense.
I was happy with how it all turned out, but I can't say that I was truly part of it. My registration was turned in on time, leaving me only to decide whether or not to vote. I'm not a big believer in 'if you don't vote for one, at least vote against the other', so I had almost decided to forgo my vote entirely. Lots of people were irritated about that decision, but don't you think it would be nice to be able to vote for someone you actually like, rather than just choosing fire over flood? Not to say that Obama is a bad choice. I like the guy alright, and I do feel some of the old pride seeping back into my body, but there's just something about him that I'm suspicious about. And no, it's not about him being the Antichrist, though that would definitely make things interesting. Mostly, I was suspicious because of the amount of people who rallied to his cause in such a short amount of time with seemingly no reason on their part. I'm of the opinion that most of the population is dumb, not totally stupid, but dumb. So whenever a large percentage of that population decides to do something, it's generally because they're scared or gullible. If that makes me an elitist bastard, so be it. I'm not the one trampling people in Walmart for half price So You Think You Can Dance? DVDs.

McCain struck me as a patriot and a hero, but someone who's lost his marbles and can't be trusted with the operation of a motor vehicle, much less the seat of a powerful country. Oh, and did you know he was a war hero? Yup, sure was. You didn't hear? *rollseyes* The man is unstable. But you know, before I knew all that, he almost sounded okay to me. Then of course, he brought in Feminist Nightmare Barbie and I lost all respect for him. ...Eh, I'm not going to go into it. It's been said and resaid and I'll just leave it at Obama won, McCain none.


Maybe theres still a shot that we won't be eating out of trash cans and pricking our ears up for the sound of marauding bandits by this time next year.

No comments: