Friday, August 27, 2010

Mix-up

The other night I dreamed better, though I can't remember what about. When I woke up, I was still dreaming, as ridiculous as it sounds. It was as if I woke up and remembered the dream that I'd just left, only I was still dreaming it. I was controlling it as I've learned to do, but with the added quality of knowing that all I had to do was open my eyes and it would disappear.

I could hear the fan in my room blowing and feel the sheets against my skin, but I was still experiencing the dream itself as if I had never left it. The actual physical stimuli just sort of melded into the dream until I realized that I was no longer dreaming in the usual sense. I was confused for a moment, unbelieving of what was going on, but then I turned my attention to the dream and found that I could still control it exactly as I had. It was no daydream, as you might think. It was vivid and very visual, as if I was looking at it... as any dream looks.

After a minute or two, I decided to open my eyes because I could not believe that I was actually awake. Sure enough, I opened my eyes and almost immediately forgot the world I had just left. The fan was still blowing rhythmically and I could feel the sheets against my skin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate that feeling of waking up still in the dream, and not wanting to leave it quite yet, but not being able to go back to sleep and recapture it entirely. It seems that always happens when I'm having a *really* good dream too, unfortunately.