Thursday, August 26, 2010

Running

I've had insomnia lately.

I've been running, but can't seem to tire myself out. Even when I do, I end up too tired to sleep, so I run some more, or I lay in bed and check the same websites over and over again, waiting for the sunrise. More people need to stay awake late, to keep me and the other night people company.

I had a truly awful dream last night. Awful enough that I don't really even want to put down into words it's vividness. Suffice it to say that I woke up at four in the morning and laid there for several minutes just collecting myself from the raw shock. I had to get up and walk around, pour myself a glass of tea, just in order to try to place it in the back of my mind. I did not succeed at this.

Though if I had, would it only have made it worse? Why was it in the back of my mind to begin with? It's structure had to be there in order to be so descriptively constructed in my sleep, so where did it come from?

I wrote it out and immediately felt sick.

No comments: